Thursday, May 10, 2007

Graduation

I am currently sitting in a Panera Bread restaurant in Omaha, Nebraska. Jennifer and I traveled here last night for Jillian's graduation from cosmotology school. Jennifer and I are super excited for Jillian and her next step which is to begin working at a salon! Jill called our house a few days ago to tell us that she has a job lined up already, which an amazing feeling. I remember when I graduated; knowing that I had a job to go to right after finishing school. Security. That is the feeling that I had, and I felt the same for Jillian after hearing her good news.

Jennifer is out with her Mom having lunch at a tea room, and then they are going to paint some pottery. So, I am flying solo in Omaha mooching free WiFi off of our good friends at Panera. I enjoy Panera. Sitting next to me, keeping me company in my personal isolation is a large hazelnut flavored coffee (good, but not as good as Austrian coffee) and a cinnamon chip scone. I wonder if they enjoy scones in Britian, or if it just a stereotype that we have. Something to ponder on.

I stopped by the studio that Geoff works at, Malone and Co. It is so cool to me that my brother-in-law is a professional photographer. Check out their website and blog at the link above.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I had fun on our 3 day getaway. Let's do it again SOON!