Sunday, January 21, 2007

Introduction for the New Guy

Since this is my first blog entry, let me first introduce myself. My name is Brandon McShea. I am a twenty six year old guy who lives in Mobile, AL with my beautiful wife Jennifer and our two dogs Maggie and Zoie. Maggie is a Weimaraner and Zoie is a Labrador/Spitz mix. Our dogs are how Jennifer and I met. We were walking in the park one day when Zoie ran up to Maggie and me and Jennifer came over to get her. The rest you can say is history; or history in the making to be precise!

I have always been interested in aviation, and I am one of the blessed people in this world to get to actually do what I love. I am an engineer for Teledyne Continental Motors, the world's leading manufacturer of piston engines for general aviation aircraft. I am actually a "Senior Project Engineer". Basically what that means is that I manage the development and certification programs for new engines and their installation into new or existing airframes. My job is great because it has so many facets. One day I'll be working in my office scheduling tests and calculating fuel flows and horsepower, the next day I'll be out in one of our many test cells running an engine, the next day I'll be working on an engine in an aircraft, and the next day I'll be out conducting test flights. Yes, I get to fly for work and it's pretty cool. A lot of the time however my head is buried in a computer looking a thousands of lines of engine data.

Other interesting facts:
  • I do have my pilots license which is tons of fun, although I have not flown for personal fun in quite some time
  • I purchased a home which my wife and I now live in
  • I drive a sweet 1997 "faded red" VW Jetta
  • I am a medallion member on Delta Airlines
  • Pizza is my favorite food
Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You also once told me that pizza is your favorite flavor.

Merrill said...

welcome to blogdom Brandon!