Sunday, January 21, 2007

Our Vows


Jennifer and I are sitting at the kitchen table waiting for our Curry Cashew Fruited Rice to get finished cooking, and yes it smells awesome. Jennifer was on her computer and found our marriage vows. We reaffirmed our vows this evening, after almost 11 months of marriage, while sitting in our kitchen. I think we are usually a little more romantic than this, but I thought I'd share our vows with you.

Do you Brandon take Jennifer to be your lawful wedded wife, to live with her after God's commands in the holy estate of marriage? And do you promise to love, comfort, honor, keep and serve her and forsaking all others be faithful to her, so long as you both shall live?

I DO!

Jennifer repeats (replace Jennifer with Brandon and husband with wife and vice versa)

I, Brandon, take you, Jennifer, to be my wedded wife. And I do promise and covenant before God and these witnesses to be your loving and faithful husband for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, in plenty and in want, in joy and in sorrow, as long as we both shall live.

Jennifer repeats (replace Jennifer with Brandon and husband with wife and vice versa)

With this ring, I seal my vow and offer it as a symbol of my love an affection and of my constant faith in God, who gives me the power to keep this covenant; In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen

Jennifer repeats

Thanks for reading our vows. We like them too.

Photo by Geoff Johnson, photographer and brother-in-law.